These commercial structures (8756, 8758-8760 & 8766 Holloway), located at the southeast corner of Holloway Drive and Palm Avenue, were designed by Rudolph Schindler, a noted architect, with the possible exclusion of 8762-8764 Holloway Drive. Schindler worked under Frank Lloyd Wright and later with architect Richard Neutra, forming the Architectural Group for Industry and Commerce (AGIC). They were built in 1937 by William Lingenbrink and the structures together are known as the Lingenbrink Grouping. The buildings (8766, 8758-8760 built in 1937 and 8756 built in 1947) were developed 10 years apart and therefore are helpful in depicting an evolution and maturing in Schindler's architectural styling. The buildings are constructed with stucco and an abundance of glass windows. The flat roof and interlocking compositions of planes are typical of the International Style of architecture. These buildings represent several of the few remaining commercial buildings designed by Schindler.
Designated at Local level : Lingenbrink Grouping
Prewar West Hollywood
1926 - 1945
This is a 2-story commercial building in the International style built in 1937.
* Date source: Los Angeles County Office of the Assessor
Description generated by RuskinARC™.