Late 19th Century Vernacular Cottage
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Sherman and Adjacent County Lands
1895 - 1925
The house was constructed by Charles Lelong. According to the U.S. Census, he was a railway conductor. He continued to own the property until 1920; however, he also owned the property at 616 N. Almont Drive and began to reside there at an unknown date. The property was owned by William Locer from 1921 to 1946. He was a driver for an oil company. No information was found indicating that either of these men were historic personages. Around 1950 a sheet metal shop was constructed at the rear of the property.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story house in the Late 19th Century Vernacular Cottage style built in 1910. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is wood frame. Exterior walls are vertical plank siding. The building has a hipped gable roof clad in asphalt shingles with box cornice. The primary elevation facing Almont Drive is two bays wide. The north bay is occupied by a porch covered by a projecting gabled roof supported by tapered wood posts. The view of the south bay is obscured by shrubs and trees. The main entryway is located under the porch and is covered by a screen door.
* Date source: Los Angeles County Office of the Assessor
Description generated by RuskinARC™.