Spanish Colonial Revival
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Postwar West Hollywood
1946 - 1965
Though it is a film and photography studio standing on the former site of a 1920s movie studio, the building has no association with that studio, which was demolished before this building was constructed. The property is now occupied by The Paladin Group, which was founded in 1977.
Not eligible / non-contributing
This is a 2-story industrial building in the Spanish Colonial Revival style built in 1965. The building is rectangular in plan. Exterior walls are original brick and stucco. The building has a hipped gable roof clad in terra-cotta tiles. The rear portion of the building is a sound state that is covered by a flat roof. The primary elevation facing Romaine Street has multi-light windows in arched openings on the first story. On the second story, openings are tall with glazed double doors and wrought iron balconettes. On the south end of the Romaine Street elevation there are vertical multi light casement windows in pairs or triplets. The remainder of the elevation is mostly a blank wall. The main entryway is a single paneled door at the corner of Poinsettia and Romaine Streets.
* Date source: Los Angeles County Office of the Assessor
Description generated by RuskinARC™.