This house occupies Lot 87 of the Johnson Addition subdivision. The subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story, multiple-bay residential building built in 1959. The building is l in plan. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are replacement vinyl siding and brick vineer. The building has a low side gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with box cornice. The roof features a large projecting cross gable on the southern end, covering the attached garage addition. Windows are replacement aluminum sliding sash.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.