525 Emerson Rd Carmel, Indiana United States

525 Emerson Rd

Construction date: documented 1959*

Current name:

Krueger House



Historical Summary:

This house occupies Lot 35 of the Johnson Addition subdivision. The subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.


Status of Historic Designation:

Not currently designated at national, state, or local level

Rating or Rank:



Suburban Development

Area(s) of Significance:

Social History


Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 1-story, multiple-bay residential building built in 1959. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are original wood siding. The building has a low side gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Projecting shed roof over garage with angled wood supports. There is one chimney. Windows are replacement vinyl sliding sash.

* Date source: Hamilton County GIS

Description generated by RuskinARC.

Setting/Landscape/Site Features:

suburban residential