This house occupies Lot 19 of the Johnson Addition subdivision. The subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story, multiple-bay residential building built in 1957. The building is l in plan. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are original stone veneer. The building has a low side gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with open cornice. The roof features a projecting cross gable on the east end of the main facade, covering the attached garage. Two skylights have been added to the front and rear roof slopes. There is one offset right, straddle ridge, metal chimney. Small metal chimneys are a common characteristic of early ranch houses. Windows are replacement vinyl sliding sash. Windows to the east of the primary entry have been replaced with a vinyl bay window.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.