Cape cod, Colonial Revival
This house occupies Lot 59 of the Johnson Addition subdivision. The subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1.5-story, 3-bay residential building in the Colonial Revival style built in 1959. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are original brick veneer. The building has a high side gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and two gabled dormers. There is also one shed dormer on the rear roof slope. There is one offset right, exterior, brick chimney. Windows are original wood double-hung sashes.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.