A one-story “Shed” first appeared between 1901 and 1907. By 1913 this had been replaced by a two-story “Grocery” store. When the corner building at North 19th St and Lothbury Ave was destroyed by a fire in 1915, it likely affected the building at 208 Lothbury Ave too, for by the next Sanborn map in 1923 a one-story “Express Office” is located here. The 1926 City Directory showed the “S.E. Express Co.” here. The 1931 Sanborn showed a “Restaurant.” In the 1934 City Directory “Luther’s Lunch” operated by Luther Meyers was here on Lothbury Ave.
Later this building was demolished and today the lot is a surface parking lot.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
This site is a lot/parcel.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.