The first owner was Captain Hezekiah H. Gear. In 1827 he was a miner and smelter operator. He was elected to the State Senate in 1847. He was an early supporter of the Illinois Central Railroad.
1st owner: Hezekiah Gear
Designated at National level : Galena Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story domestic building in the Italianate style built ca. 1840. The foundation is limestone. Exterior walls are brick. The building has a hipped roof. Windows are original or historic wood 4/4 double- or single-hung; with molding. The porch is original or historic, Full-Width, One-Story; Wood materials; Deck roof; Chamfered supports. Doors are original or historic wood unglazed with transom; sidelights; Pilasters.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.