Galena Welcome Center/Old Market House
Thomas Blish, Architect
H. J. Stouffer, Builder
Market stalls were located on the lower level. The City Council Chamber was on the second level.
Designated at National level : Galena Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story meetinghouse in the Greek Revival style built in 1845-46. The building is rectangular in plan. The foundation is limestone. Exterior walls are brick; wood clapboard/siding. The building has a side and front gable roof clad in metal. Windows are original or historic wood 6/6 fixed; double. The porch is original, Full-width, one-story; Wood materials; Classical supports. Doors are original or historic wood paneled.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.