400-406 Chicago Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

Fair Oaks Medical Offices

Construction date: documented 1947*

Architect:

Robert H. Maiwurm

Builder:

Harvey Mickelson

Style:

Commercial building, Mid-Century Modern, Colonial Revival

Historical Summary:

Original building constructed in 1911 and was significantly remodeled and added onto in 1947. Property also previously listed as: 501-509 N Ridgeland Ave, 505-509 N Ridgeland Ave, and 505 N Ridgeland Ave.

Significant Owner(s):

A. L. White (agent)

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture

Rating or Rank:

Non-Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Not eligible / non-contributing

Architectural Description:

This is a 1-story office building in the Mid-Century Modern style with Colonial Revival influences built in 1947. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a flat roof. Windows are original wood, 6/6 double-hung sashes. Two entries at grade facing Chicago and Ridgeland.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.