Eben E. Roberts
Harper and Butendorff
Commercial building, Classical Revival
Also 501-503 N Marion St.
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1973
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1972
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 3-story commercial building in the Classical Revival style built in 1925. The building is l in plan. The structural system is masonry. Exterior walls are original brick and original terracotta. Terracotta ornament and coping; limestone window sills. The building has a flat with parapet roof. There is one side left, exterior, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. Aluminum storefronts installed in 2009. Commercial storefront entrances and entry to upper level apartments are at grade.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.