427 N Euclid Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

427 N Euclid Ave

Construction date: documented 1909*

Architect:

James L. Fyfe

Style:

Craftsman

Significant Owner(s):

Arthur H. Mulford

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1973
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1972

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Craftsman style built in 1909. The structural system is frame. The foundation is brick. Exterior walls are original wood shingles. The building has a hip roof clad in original asphalt shingles and exposed rafters and three shed-roofed dormers. There is one side right, exterior, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 8/8 double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, partial-width open screened characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with doric wood posts. Side entry porch.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.