R. D. Pugh
Roy Hotchkiss was an apprentice in E. E. Roberts' studio before opening his own office. He also designed the Medical Arts Building at 715 Lake Street. Oral history with long-time resident Peg Zak indicates that the brick left over from the original construction of this home may have been used to build the bungalow at 711 S. East, which was constructed in 1923 by R. D. Pugh for owner John Jones.
O. H. Jones
Designated at National level
Gunderson National Register Historic District 2002
Designated at Local level : Gunderson Historic District 2002
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1.5-story single-family residence in the Craftsman style built in 1920. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is brick. Exterior walls are original brick and original stucco. Wood and limestone trim and decorative details. The building has a cross gable roof clad in original slate and three gabled dormers. Large front, north and south-facing clipped gables. There is one side left, exterior, brick chimney. Limestone cap and decorative details. Windows are original wood, 8-light casements. There is a single-story, three-quarter recessed porch characterized by a gabled roof clad in slate with square brick posts. Front porch is recessed under main roof front-facing gable.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.