732 S Elmwood Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

W. M. Slavik House

Construction date: documented 1906*

Architect:

Frank O. DeMoney

Builder:

S. T. Gunderson & Sons

Developer:

S. T. Gunderson & Sons

Style:

Foursquare, Queen Anne.

Front second floor bay window. Bay on north stairway. Bay window with hip roof on first floor south.

Historical Summary:

W. M. Slavik was the original owner of the house. He worked at Slavik & Company Cornice Makers. (Source: August 3, 1912 Oak Leaves)

Significant Owner(s):

W. M. Slavik

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Gunderson National Register Historic District 2002
Designated at Local level : Gunderson Historic District 2002

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Queen Anne style built in 1906. The structural system is frame. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are modern vinyl siding. The building has a high hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and three hip-roofed dormers. Front, north and south-facing hip-roofed dormers. Windows are original wood, 6/1 double-hung sashes. Art glass windows with floral pattern on north stairway and first floor. Front transom window with beveled glass. 3-over-1 wood casement windows on front porch. There is a single-story, full-width enclosed porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square wood posts. There is a two-story, rear, frame addition.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.