525 S Ridgeland Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

William C. Wright House

Construction date: approximate 1910

Architect:

Frank O. DeMoney

Builder:

S. T. Gunderson & Sons

Developer:

S. T. Gunderson & Sons

Style:

Foursquare, Queen Anne, Prairie School.

Opposing bays on the first and second floor front. Stairway bay on the second floor north. First floor bay window with hip roof on south.

Historical Summary:

525 S Ridgeland Ave (originally S 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Gunderson Historic District. It was designed by Frank O. DeMoney and built by developer S. T. Gunderson & Sons in 1910. William C. Wright, who worked at National Founders, was the first owner of the home. (Source: October 8, 1910 Oak Leaves)

Significant Owner(s):

William C. Wright

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Gunderson Historic District
Designated at Local level : Gunderson Historic District

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Architectural Description:

This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Queen Anne style with Prairie School influences built ca. 1910. The structural system is frame. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original stucco. The building has a high hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with flared eaves and three gabled dormers. Front, north and south-facing gabled dormers with flared eaves. Windows are historic wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. Art glass window with floral pattern beside entry. There is a single-story, full-width open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square stuccoed posts. Two square corner stucco posts with simple wood caps support a narrow wood entablature and engage with the low stucco walls of the porch. Iron railings have been added at entry stairs.

Description generated by RuskinARC.