825 S Ridgeland Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

David and Emma Goff House

Construction date: documented 1907*


Frank O. DeMoney


S. T. Gunderson & Sons


S. T. Gunderson & Sons


Foursquare, Craftsman.

Two front V-shaped (in plan) bays on the second floor front facade.

Historical Summary:

825 S Ridgeland Ave (originally S 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Gunderson Historic District. It was designed by Frank O. DeMoney and built by developer S. T. Gunderson & Sons in 1907.


Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Gunderson Historic District
Designated at Local level : Gunderson Historic District

Rating or Rank:


Architectural Description:

This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Craftsman style built in 1907. The structural system is box frame. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are modern vinyl siding and modern vinyl shingles. The building has a gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with distinctive eaves and two gabled dormers. North and south-facing gabled dormers. There is one rear chimney. Windows are original wood, 4/1 double-hung sashes. The window beside the front entry is clear glass with floral patterns. There is a single-story, full-width open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square wood posts. Square corner piers that extend above roof line.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.