34 N Austin Blvd Oak Park, Illinois USA

St. Catherine of Siena School Annex

Construction date: documented 1957*

Current name:

St. Catherine of Siena Maguire Hall

Architect:

Joseph McCarthy & Associates

Builder:

W. J. Lynch Company

Style:

Church hall, Gothic Revival, Mid-Century Modern

Significant Owner(s):

Catholic Bishop of Chicago

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1994

Rating or Rank:

Non-Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story school in the Gothic Revival style with Mid-Century Modern influences built in 1957. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick and original stone veneer. Lannen stone veneer, limestone entry surround, window surrounds, and base. North second floor cantilevered. The building has a flat roof. Windows are original wood, 3-light casements. Also multiple paned window. Double paired metal entry doors with transom windows at grade.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.