St. Catherine of Siena/St. Lucy's School
The building originally served as a combination church and school, with the church on the first floor. In 1932 the first floor was converted to classrooms and a third floor gymnasium/auditorium was added.
Catholic Bishop of Chicago
Designated at National level
Ridgeland/Oak Park National Register District 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1994
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 3-story school in the Gothic/Neo-Gothic style built in 1916. The structural system is masonry. Exterior walls are original brick and original stone. The building has a high hip roof clad in original slate. Windows are replacement aluminum, 3-light awning-style. Main front entry is at grade. There is a single-story, upper story, brick addition. Third floor added.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.