Foursquare, Prairie School
158 N Ridgeland Ave (originally N 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was built in 1908 by the Vierow Brothers for owner W. G. Long.
W. G. Long
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1908. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a pyramidal roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are replacement double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, full-span open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles on square brick piers. There is a two-story, rear and south side, brick addition.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.