W. A. Pillinger
Foursquare, Craftsman, Classical Revival
164 N Ridgeland Ave (originally N 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. The house was built in 1906 by W. A. Pillinger for owner Mrs. Thomas Baird.
Mrs. Thomas Baird
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Craftsman style with Classical Revival influences built in 1906. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are original stucco. The building has a pyramidal roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are replacement double-hung sashes. There is a single-story open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles on round wood piers. Porch is supported by ionic columns.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.