Nineteenth Century Club
James L. Fyfe
Sides Construction Company
Clubhouse, Neo-Classical, Georgian Revival
See attached Historic Landmark nomination report.
Nineteenth Century Women's Club
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture
Designated at Local level : Historic Landmark, 2010
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story clubhouse in the Neo-Classical style with Georgian Revival influences built in 1928. The structural system is masonry. Exterior walls are original brick and original limestone. The building has a mansard with flat center roof clad in original slate. There is one side left, side slope, brick chimney and one side right, side slope, brick chimney. Also brick chimney on rear slope. Windows are original wood, 12/12 double-hung sashes. Also 6-over-6 double-hung wood windows and central wood fan light. There is a two-story, partial-width portico characterized by a pedemented temple front entrance roof clad in slate with fluted wood posts. Four massive wood columns support an architrave and temple-front roof with large dentils.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.