J. W. Edis and Company
Foursquare, Prairie School
George C. Davis
Designated at National level
Ridgland/Oak Park Historic District 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1994
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1907. The structural system is frame/stucco. Exterior walls are original stucco and original wood clapboard. Decorative wood geometric trim. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and three multiple dormers. North and south-facing hip-roofed dormers and front-facing gabled Mission-style dormer. There is one side left, exterior, stuccoed chimney. Windows are original wood, Diamond pane/1 double-hung sashes. There is a two-story, partial-width open 1st floor, enclosed 2nd floor characterized by a flat roof with square stuccoed posts on side walls stuccoed piers. Side entrance porch. There is a 1 and 2-story, rear, frame addition. Sleeping Porch (1917, 1923), addition (1924).
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.