Tallmadge and Watson
Guy & McClintock
Cross gable, Tudor Revival, Prairie School
The Robbins-Chapman House was originally designed by Patton & Fisher and built for A. L. Robbins in 1890. It was significantly remodeled in 1910 by Tallmadge & Watson for then owner George Chapman.
A. L. Robbins and George Chapman
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture 1973
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture 1972
This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Tudor Revival style with Prairie School influences built in 1890. The structural system is frame/stucco. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are historic stucco and wood half-timbering. The building has a cross gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. There is one side left, exterior, stuccoed chimney. Windows are historic wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. Also wood casement windows. There is a single-story, single-bay platform/stoop characterized by a flat canopy with bracket supports roof on side walls stuccoed piers.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.