Pilgrim Congregational Church
Patton and Fisher
Church, Shingle Style, Queen Anne
Addition constructed in 1899-1900 and designed by architects Patton, Fisher and Miller. Designated an Oak Park Historic Landmark in 1996. See attached history of the church and congregation and attached Landmark Nomination Report.
Ridgeland Congregational Church
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture 1973
Designated at Local level : Oak Park Historic Landmark, 1996 / FLW-PSA Historic District 1972
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2.5-story church in the Shingle Style with Queen Anne influences built in 1889. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original stone and original wood shingles. Decorative wood trim, dentils, brackets; brick window surrounds and banding; decorative and arched wood shingle patterns; common brick on rear alley (north). The building has a cross gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and three multiple dormers. Three gabled and one hip-roofed dormers; corner tower with belfry. There is one rear, exterior, decorative brick chimney. Windows are original stained glass, Decorative-light fixed. Multiple window sizes and shapes. There is a single-story, single-bay open porch characterized by a gabled roof clad in asphalt shingles with square stone and brick posts on side walls stone and brick piers. Original porch entrance faces west on Scoville Avenue. Secondary stone porch entrance faces south on Lake Street with ADA accessible lift. There is a 2.5 story, rear, brick, stone and wood shingles addition. Church designed by Patton, Fisher and Miller.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.