645 Fair Oaks Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

Otto McFeeley House

Construction date: documented 1905*

Architect:

Vernon Watson

Builder:

William A. Pillinger

Style:

Prairie School

Significant Owner(s):

Otto McFeeley

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture, 1973
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1972

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1905. The structural system is frame/stucco. Exterior walls are original stucco. Wood banding and trim. The building has a side gable roof clad in replacement wood shake. Wood shake roof was reinstalled in 2013 after years of asphalt shingles. There is one side right, exterior, stuccoed chimney. Windows are original wood, 6/1 double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, partial-width open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in wood shake with square stuccoed posts. There is a two-story, rear, frame/stucco addition. Residential expansion by second owner Wyatt N. Cronk.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.