302 N Ridgeland Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Chapel

Construction date: documented 1909*

Architect:

Eben E. Roberts

Builder:

J. W. Strickert

Style:

Church, Prairie School

Historical Summary:

302 N Ridgeland Ave (originally N 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. The chapel was constructed from 1909-1912, and the church was a later addition to the chapel, which was constructed in 1916, and was also designed by E. E. Roberts. Although they are connected and use the same address of 300 N. Ridgeland, the chapel is entered in the survey as 302 N. Ridgeland to allow for a separate entry. The church also occupies the address of 320 Erie St.

Significant Owner(s):

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Architectural Description:

This is a 1.5-story church in the Prairie School style built in 1909. The structural system is masonry and stucco. Exterior walls are original brick and original stucco. The building has a cross gables and flat roofs roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are original stained fixed. Also 1/1 wood double-hung in rear stucco portion.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.