Eben E. Roberts
Two-part commercial block, Prairie School
One-story 1914 addition on Lake Street later clad in limestone with the address of 805 Lake Street
Charles B. Scoville
Designated at National level
National Register, 1982 / Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District, 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District, 1994
See attached 1981 National Register nomination report
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 4-story commercial building in the Prairie School style built in 1908. The structural system is masonry. Exterior walls are original brick and original cast-iron. First floor cast iron storefronts, copper fascia and gutters. The building has a hip roof clad in original clay tiles with deep. Windows are original wood, 6/1 double-hung sashes. Also 4/1 original arched wood windows on third floor. Multiple storefront entries at grade. Two sets of paired entry doors centered on building with arched transom and sidelights topped by an iron and glass canopy (1981 reconstruction).
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.