Commercial building, Art Deco
Nakama Hall was a one-story building constructed in 1917. In 1930 it was remodeled and added onto, creating 719-731 Lake. In 1938 the portion of the building that was 719-721 was demolished for a new two-story building for Strickland's, leaving 723-731.
Charles B. Scoville
Designated at National level
Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District, 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District, 1994
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story commercial building in the Art Deco style built in 1930. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. Exterior walls are original terracotta. Granite base. The building has a flat with parapet roof. Windows are original steel storefront. 727 storefront original, 723 and 731 are now aluminum. Three storefront entrances at grade.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.