326 N Austin Blvd Oak Park, Illinois USA

326 N Austin Blvd

Construction date: documented 1923*

Architect:

Ernest Braucher

Builder:

Milton W. Pillinger

Style:

Foursquare, Prairie School

Historical Summary:

324-326 N Austin Blvd was designed by Ernest Braucher and built by Milton W. Pillinger for original owner Henry Pillinger in 1923.

Significant Owner(s):

Henry Pillinger

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1923. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are stucco. Vertical wood board siding was used to enclose the front porch. The building has a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with deep and three hip-roofed dormers. There is one side right, side slope, brick chimney. Windows are replacement vinyl, 1/1 sash. Glass block windows are located in the front dormer. There is a single-story, full-span enclosed porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with rectangular stuccoed posts. The porch was originally open. Vertical wood siding with two small, sash windows has been placed in between the columns to create an enclosed porch. The front door is located on the left (south) side elevation. There is a small, one-story porch around the front door with a hip roof, two rectangular stucco-clad columns, and a set of concrete stairs from the front. A wood handicap ramp wraps around the side entry porch.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.