James Todd & Company
Tudor Revival house.
126 S Euclid Ave was built by James Todd & Company for original owner E. P. Sperry in 1904.
E. P. Sperry
Designated at National level
Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Tudor Revival style built in 1904. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are original brick and stucco and wood half-timbering. The walls of the first floor are brick. The second floor and gable ends feature the stucco cladding with wood half-timbering that is characteristic of the Tudor Revival style. The building has a hip roof clad in wood shake with wide and Five gabled dormers. There is one side right, side slope, brick chimney. Windows are , 9/1 sash. The house also features a number of single-pane, casement windows. There is a single-story, full-span open porch characterized by a shed with gable roof clad in wood shingles with square stuccoed posts on square brick piers. The porch posts are grouped in twos and threes and feature decorative wood trim near the top. The porch roof is a shed roof on the right side and a gable roof on the left, above the entrance. The gable end features stucco and half-timbering matching that on the rest of the house. The front door is located within the front porch, slightly left of center.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.