E. J. Hillard
328 S Cuyler Ave was built in 1912 by E.J. Hillard for owner Joseph Strachan.
Designated at National level
Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
This is a 2-story single dwelling in the Craftsman style built in 1912. The building is square in plan. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are stucco. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and one hip-roofed dormer. There is one center, straddle ridge, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, full-width enclosed porch characterized by a hip roof clad in an undetermined material with covered by siding stuccoed posts. Off-center left on the front face of the house, wood pilasters to sides of door with decorative frieze above.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.