LeBrandt & Co
Foursquare, Prairie School, Craftsman.
316 S Harvey Ave is an American Foursquare house with elements of the Prairie and Craftsman styles.
316 S Harvey was built in 1914 by LeBrandt & Co for R. G. Gerhardt. A rear addition was built in 1954.
Designated at National level
Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style with Craftsman influences built in 1914. The building is irregular in plan. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are stucco. Wood details have been placed on top of the stucco, including two diamond shapes on the first and second floor, front elevation, and details at the top of the porch columns. The building has a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with deep and brackets and two hip-roofed dormers. There is one offset left, side slope, brick chimney. Windows are replacement vinyl, 8/8 double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, full-span enclosed porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with rectangular stuccoed posts. A small, enclosed, entry stoop located on the right side elevation. The full-width, enclosed, front porch does not have access to the exterior. The entry is located within the enclosed stoop on the right side of the house. There is a two-story, rear, frame addition.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.