Dr. Lewis Concklin Residence
Gablefront bungalow, Craftsman.
Gablefront Craftsman Bungalow house with Prairie School influences.
The building is a Contributing Resource in the historic district. The house was constructed in 1916 by Vierow Brothers for owner Dr. Concklin.
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 1.5-story single-family residence in the Craftsman style built in 1916. The structural system is frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are stucco. The building has a gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with deep and brackets and one gabled dormer. There is one rear, side slope, brick chimney. Windows are replacement vinyl, 2/1 casements. There is a single-story, single-bay central platform/stoop characterized by a gabled roof clad in asphalt shingles with brackets posts.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.