William Harlev Jr.
Foursquare, Prairie School
527 Woodbine Ave was designed by architect William Harlev, Jr., and built for owner Anna Johnson by the Johnson Bros. in 1920. Harlev was an Oak Park architect who alternately based his office out of his self-designed Oak Park home at 310 S Cuyler Ave and in downtown Chicago. The Johnson Bros. were an Oak Park contractor and development firm. They built over two dozen houses in Oak Park including Harlev’s residence at 310 S Cuyler.
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1919. The building is irregular in plan. The structural system is frame. Exterior walls are replacement stucco. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with deep and one hip-roofed dormer. Windows are original wood, 3/1 sash. There is a single-story, partial-width partially enclosed characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square stuccoed posts. Primary entryway located on the front left corner of the house. Entry onto porch is on the left side, off of driveway.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.