The textures of the rusticated, greystone blocks, carved friezes, and keystones found in this duplex contrast markedly with the porch members. Dentials define the upper edge of the exterior wall, and a central stone ridge dividing the gabled roof indicates a party wall below. The unit at 249 is a two-story residence, while 247 is a two-flat.
The corner playground at Grove Ave and Randolph St before 1902 was the site of a passenger station on the Chicago, Harlem and Batavia train line, also known as the dummy line (Ridgeland Revealed, p35).
Designated at National level
Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a duplex built in 1892.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.