W. Carbys Zimmerman
August Caron & Co.
117 S Lombard Ave was built as a substation for the Chicago Transit Authority (the the Lake St Elevated Railroad Co.) in 1903. The CTA used the building into the 1960s. In the mid-1970s, it was purchased and turned into a art studio and residence by world-renowned sculptor Geraldine McCullough. McCullough lived and worked here for 30 years, until her death in 2008. McCullough designed The Pathfinder sculpture outside Oak Park Village Hall.
Lake St. Elevated Railroad Co.
Designated at National level
Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is an apartment building built in 1903.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.