1033-1049 Lake St Oak Park, Illinois USA

The Hub - Henry C. Lytton & Sons

Construction date: documented 1927*

Architect:

Talmadge & Watson

Builder:

Guy & McClintock Co.

Style:

New Traditional, Prairie.

With the 2002 facade renovation, the building has a New Traditional style with Prairie references.

Historical Summary:

Storefront alterations were done in 1932. Building alterations in 1957 by owner L. Z. Later Est. and architect Herb Sobel included adding a white glazed, stacked bond, brick facade. A complete facade replacement occureed in 2002 and is primarily brick with some stone details.

Significant Owner(s):

Robert Nicholas

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Not currently designated at national, state, or local level

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story commercial building in the New Traditional style with Prairie influences built in 1927. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are modern brick and modern stone. The building has a flat with parapet roof. Windows are modern, 1-light fixed.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.