403 N East Ave is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was built in 1910 by Samuelson Brothers for original owner W. G. Oliver.
W. G. Oliver
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Neo-Classical style built in 1910. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. There is one side left, exterior, brick chimney and one side right, exterior, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 8/8 double-hung sashes. Also 9-over-9 and 6-light French doors. There is a two-story, partial-width portico characterized by a gabled roof clad in asphalt shingles with doric wood posts. Large pedimented gable with dentils supported by four massive two-story Doric columns.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.