415 N East Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

Ernest B. Tomlinson House

Construction date: documented 1924*

Architect:

N. S. Spencer and Son

Style:

Colonial revival, Colonial Revival

Historical Summary:

415 N East Ave is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was designed by N. S. Spencer and Son and built in 1924 for original owner Ernest B. Tomlinson.

Significant Owner(s):

Ernest B. Tomlinson

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Colonial Revival style built in 1924. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are , 6-light double-hung sashes. There is a two-story platform/stoop characterized by a flat roof with round posts.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.