William C. Presto
August S. Caron
Neoclassical, Classical Revival, Prairie School
546 N East Ave is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was designed by William C. Presto and built by August S. Caron in 1924 for original owner Sherman Spitzer.
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Classical Revival style with Prairie School influences built in 1924. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a hip roof clad in original clay tiles. Windows are , 6-light double-hung sashes. There is a single-story platform/stoop.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.