Dutch colonial revival, Dutch Colonial Revival
The parcel of land now occupied by 2 and 4 Elizabeth Court was purchased by Simon and Elizabeth Humphrey in 1881. The Humphreys lived first at this address, then built and moved into 4 Elizabeth Court ca. 1887. 2 Elizabeth Court was sold to the Hollisters in 1886. The second floor was added in 1937.
Reverend S. J. Humphrey
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1973
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District 1972
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Dutch Colonial Revival style built in 1873. The structural system is box frame. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are board and batten. The building has a gambrel roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are double-hung sashes.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.