Two-part commercial block, Italianate
Designated at National level
1978 Commercial District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Community Planning and Development
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay commercial building in the Italianate style built in the period 1850-1859. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is undetermined. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a flat roof clad in modern composite with projecting cornice and paired brackets. Windows are replacement wood, 4/4 double-hung sashes. The windows have stone sills and are capped with decorative hoods. The storefront bay units are separated by cast-iron pilasters. The bulkheads appear to have undergone modern alterations, as do the display windows.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.