Ranch , Mid-Century Modern
The Johnson Addition subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story, multiple-bay residential building with Mid-Century Modern influences built ca. 1959. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are original stone veneer. The building has a cross gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with box cornice. Windows are replacement vinyl, 1/1 double-hung sashes. A three bay picture window is located in the center of the north elevation.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.