The Johnson Addition subdivision was originally platted in the mid- to late-1950s. It is located on the southeast corner of W. Main Street and S. Guilford Road, just west of downtown Carmel. The subdivision was mostly occupied by 1962. It is a typical late 1950s, early 1960s subdivision primarily composed of small rectangular plan ranch houses.
Not currently designated at national, state, or local level
Contributing resource in a potential district with significance in suburban development of Carmel.
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 1-story, multiple-bay residential building built ca. 1952. The building is rectangular in plan. The structural system is balloon frame. The foundation is concrete. Exterior walls are original brick veneer. The building has a low hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with box cornice. There is one center, front slope, brick chimney. There is a single-story, entry open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square wood posts. The primary entryway is located on the west half of the façade and is accessed through the entry porch.
* Date source: Hamilton County GIS
Description generated by RuskinARC™.