Two-story bay on south. Two-story wing on north.
House is shown on the 1895 Sanborn Fire Insurance map.
Designated at National level
Ridgeland/Oak Park National Register District 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1994
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story duplex in the Italianate style built ca. 1873. The structural system is frame. The foundation is poured concrete. Exterior walls are replacement wood clapboard. Asphalt siding removed and original siding restored in 2016. The building has a low hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles and paired brackets. Windows are historic wood, 1/1 double-hung sashes. Tall narrow windows on first floor front with transom windows above. Art glass and leaded glass windows. There is a two-story, wrap-around open porch characterized by a low sloped hip roof roof clad in asphalt shingles with doric wood posts. Two-story porch with columns and wood railings wraps around the north, terminating at the north wing. The porch may have been added in 1917 by G. D. Elderkin per Village building permit archives. Entry door at back of wrap around porch on north side. There is a 1 and 2-story, rear and south side, frame addition. Residential.
* Date source: Real estate listing 2014-09-03
Description generated by RuskinARC™.