240 S East Ave Oak Park, Illinois USA

240 S East Ave

Construction date: documented 1923*

Architect:

Ernest Braucher

Builder:

J. Kempston and Sons

Style:

Foursquare, Prairie School

Significant Owner(s):

J. Kempston and Sons

 

Status of Historic Designation:

Designated at National level : Ridgland/Oak Park Historic District 1983
Designated at Local level : Ridgeland/Oak Park Historic District 1994

Rating or Rank:

Contributing

Evaluation of Potential Eligibility:

Potentially eligible as a contributing resource

Architectural Description:

This is a 2-story single-family residence in the Prairie School style built in 1923. The structural system is frame/stucco. Exterior walls are original stucco. Decorative wood trim. The building has a hip roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with deep and one hip-roofed dormer. There is one side left, side slope, brick chimney. Windows are original wood, 6/1 double-hung sashes. Asymmetrical 6-over-1 muntin pattern reflective of Craftsman/Prairie School. There is a single-story, single-bay open porch characterized by a hip roof clad in asphalt shingles with square stuccoed posts.

* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.

Description generated by RuskinARC.