Side gable, Colonial Revival
163 N Ridgeland Ave (originally N 64th Ave) is a contributing building within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District. It was built ca. 1900.
Designated at National level
Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
Designated at Local level : Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District
This is a 2.5-story single-family residence in the Colonial Revival style built ca. 1900. The structural system is frame. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original wood clapboard. The building has a gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles. Windows are replacement double-hung sashes. There is a single-story, single-bay central open porch characterized by a gabled roof clad in asphalt shingles on round wood piers. The porch is single-story with a front gable supported by doric columns with ionic capitals. The eave is ornamented with carved modillions.
* Date source: Village of Oak Park building permit archives.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.