Shelby County Courthouse
Temple front, Greek Revival
Designated at National level
1978 Commercial District
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Community Planning and Development
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, multiple-bay courthouse in the Greek Revival style built in 1912. The building is square in plan. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is undetermined. Exterior walls are original stone. The building has a cross gable roof clad in replacement asphalt shingles with elaborated cornice and modillions and finials. Windows are modern, 1/1 double-hung sashes. There is a two-story, three-bay veranda with classical stone posts.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.