Central passage, Federal
Designated at National level
1985 East District Expansion
Designated at Local level : Shelbyville Historic District
Community Planning and Development
Potentially eligible as a contributing resource
This is a 2-story, 5-bay domestic building in the Federal style built in the period 1870-1879. The structural system is masonry. The foundation is stone. Exterior walls are original brick. The building has a cross gable roof clad in modern corrugated metal with box cornice. There is one side left, straddle ridge, brick chimney and one rear, straddle ridge, brick chimney. Windows are replacement wood, 6/6 double-hung sashes. The doorway is located in the center bay and is inset within an elaborated wood portico that has a copper eyebrow roof.
Description generated by RuskinARC™.